Since 2008, NAILTA has helped to form state independent land title associations in Ohio, Indiana, New Jersey, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, and Arkansas. On January 15, 2014, we are inviting all interested independent land title agents and their independent-minded settlement service provider colleagues to attend an Organizational Meeting at the Hilton Hotel at the Grand Rapids Airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan for the consideration of forming a Michigan Association of Independent Land Title Agents.
The Grand Rapids Hilton is located at 4747 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 49512-1915.
The meeting is scheduled to begin at 9am ET and last approximately three hours. Topics to be discussed at the meeting include:
- An overview of NAILTA and its accomplishments.
- Current competitive business practices in Michigan.
- Current consumer protection issues relative to Michigan title insurance transactions.
- The need for an independent land title association to address the needs of independent settlement service professionals in the state.
- Current federal policy regarding title insurance professionals.
- Formation of an independent land title association.
Again, all interested professionals are welcome to attend and there is no cost to do so. Representatives from NAILTA will be in attendance at the meeting and moderating the discussion.
If you care about the issues relevant to the title insurance industry, this is a great opportunity to meet others who feel the same way. We need your help!
For more information on the Michigan meeting, please feel free to contact NAILTA at email@example.com.